Friday 4 April 2008

Friday 4th April 2008

 
A beautifully warm morning and I got out into the garden and did some long overdue tidying up. My first live Ladybird of the year was sitting on a rose leaf – presumably trying to absorb some sunlight. It was a Seven-spot ladybird (Coccinella 7-punctata).


Less easily identified (i.e. impossible to identify) was a tiny caterpillar spinning on its silk as it hung from the Leylandii.


In the front garden there are some lovely little double Narcissi.


But the highlight of the day has to be the flowering cherry in the front which is becoming beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely photos. It is cold and rainy here (Portland, Oregon USA) but spring has sprung. I am anxiously awaiting seeing my first mason bee. Seems like they should be hatching as the flowering trees are in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of the rhyme:-
    "Spring is sprung,
    The Grass is riz,
    I wonder
    Where the birdees is...."

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome.