Saturday 18 April 2009

Sparrowhawk


On Thursday morning I was having a quiet look out of the front landing window when a Sparrowhawk landed right in front of me on the top of the hedge. Much squeaking and chirping from the Sparrows suggested he had lived up to his name and targeted one of them. I dived into the bedroom and told Jo but when I came out and grabbed my camera it seemed to have gone. Nevertheless the sparrows were all circling overhead and making a terrible row. In the end we concluded it had left and I went down to the front door to check. As I opened the door it burst from the side hedge and went off down the road.


A great experience and yet a really frustrating one. Of all the birds I have seen there are few of which I have no photo – the Sparrowhawk remains one of them!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, can imagine that that was the event of the day! You are still lucky - I have never SEEN a hawk. And don't forget ALL the butterflies you have seen LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome.